Have you been dying to create a portrait wall with your family photos or other art and just don’t know where to start? A must read is this great guide that includes tips for creating the Framed Portrait Wall that’s just right for you.
If you need a little more inspiration to get you started, check out these fabulous portrait walls for ideas:
- The House of Smiths has a gorgeous grouping above a high shelf, keeping the photo gallery separated from the rest of the wall. Combined with subway art and specific colors in her photographs it truly makes a beautiful statement.
- It’s Two AM shares how the use of several colors and small snapshots can make for a bold and lively statement on the wall.
- Crafts by Amanda shows you how to decoupage your family photos onto distressed wood for a great rustic display.
- My Home Ideas shares a symmetrical display of snapshots on wood planks.
- Tatertots and Jello shared her bright and cheerful gallery wall, complete with unusual shaped frames that really stand out.
- Laura Brett Photography shares a beautiful grouping of photos stretched on canvas.
Here are more tips and ideas you may find helpful:
- Marissa Waddell Interiors offers a diagram with several different layout options for gallery walls.
- Ann Beck Photography has even more gallery ideas in her large diagram.
- Maria Killam demonstrates how to use painter’s tape and paper to plan out your gallery right on the wall.
- 9 Cool Photo Display Ideas
- 6 Creative Photo Displays
- Glass Jar Photo Display
- Inspiration: Photo Gallery Walls
- Kids Art Gallery Wall